A Story To Be Told

Happy New Year to you all!  

Come and join in with the new challenge over at Lavinia Stamps; this month the theme is “A Story to be Told”.  I’m sure we all have a story or two following Christmas and the New Year!  

I hope my card “Timeless Beauty” helps to encourage and inspire you to join in this month’s Challenge.    

Audrey Hepburn once said “for beautiful eyes  look for the good in others, for beautiful lips speak only words  kindness, and for poise walk with the knowledge you are never alone.”

Alura is a beautiful stamp to colour; once you start you’ll be amazed at the details you will find.  She truly is a timeless beauty! I have also used Whimsical Wisp and the wonderful See a Fairy script in the background.  


Firstly, I used a white wax crayon to create the white highlights on Alura once she had been stamped in Clair Nocturne (Versafine black).  The white crayon acts as a resist for the ink.  Don’t worry if the wax marks look dirty or makes the ink look like it’s smudged.  The magic happens once you have inked over the image (I used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink) the white really shows up when you polish the image with kitchen paper!  

I used a water brush to add further colour to Alura, again using the Victorian Velvet Ink.  Gold and white Gelly Roll pens added to the highlights through her hair and Liquid Pearls - Merlot in the centre of each flower. 

I stamped the Whimsical Wisps and the script using the same colour Distress Ink.  Once I had distressed the edges of the card, I blended over Vintage Photo Distress Ink in to finish off the aged look.  I also blended a little through a stencil to add the dark spots.

I’m lucky to own a vintage sewing machine, and I used it to attach the topper onto the background card before I mounted it onto the blank 6” x 6” card.

I loved this project and I look forward to seeing your entries on the Lavinia Creative Challenge web page.

Good luck, and have fun crafting! 

Love and Hugs,
Amanda xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonderful Workshop ~ January 2018

Friends Help in the Quest...